top of page

Market Research Group

Public·19 members
Nikifor Solovyov
Nikifor Solovyov

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Lyrics)

"The second key to this song's Enormous Chart Success," Pallett continues, "has to do with the weighting of the melody lines." Perry begins singing each verse on the beat ("you think I'm pretty ...") but then falls off it before the end of the first line ("... makeup on"), syncopating the melody, creating additional tension. "Her lines dovetail elegantly into each other. This contributes to the feeling of suspension that I mentioned above. As listeners, we're waiting for her to get to the point." Pallett says she does indeed do this in the pre-chorus, when she accentuates the imperatives ("Let's go all the way tonight ...") by returning to the beat. Pallett than calls it "genius" that the chorus itself inverts the weighting of the verses, as the line "You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream" goes from off beat to on and then back again, in a single line.[16]

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Lyrics)

It may seem a simple pop song but analysis of the lyrics shows how deep it is. This girl has fallen in love with 'her missing puzzle piece'. This love they share is so perfect and pure that it takes her back to her teenage years when she'd sit in her room and dream about meeting her prince charming. This song hints at having sex with someone for the first time (Let's go all the way tonight). When put into the context of being a 'teenage dream' it may suggest that she feels as if she's losing her virginity again. The one thing about this song that sticks out is the fact that it is adult and also innocent. The lines 'We can dance until we die/ you and I will be young forever' do have an obvious double entendre in them but they have the concept of never growing up in there. This has connotations of a peter pan type world where her and her lover are stuck as teenagers never growing up.The song also has references to a typical Californian teen's life, it talks of getting drunk on the beach, an activity that is widespread amongst the Californian youth.This song has so much to it. It has the ability to seduce and excite, it can be adult or innocent. This song embodies love and the teenage condition in a way that hasn't been done before.Yeah. I'm a little obsessed.

The song is basically about a girl who has found her one and true love and he makes her feel special and loved and he makes her feel young again. It's like she's living a "teenage dream", like the sort of dream that teenagers wish to have. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page